Torres del Paine Trail Gear List
- Ankle high waterproof boots (Gortex probably best)
- Gaiters Knee high.
- Thick woollen socks 3 pairs- Opossum hair socks are fantastic as they don’t smell and are extremely warm. They can be worn for up to 5 days without being washed.
- Trainers, or similar for at night and travelling
- Kitbag or Rucksack 60 litres (in preference to a back-pack)
- Day Pack with waist strap (35 litre)
- Trekking Poles, essential
- Camel pack. 3 litre recommended
- Gortex waterproof jacket and waterproof over trousers (trousers can be lighter weight)
- 3-4 Water proof stuff sacks (Sea to Sky larger ones are better, 1 to put your sleeping bag in)
- Sleeping Bag should be suitable for temperatures down to minus 5
- Sleeping mat suggest self inflating Mattress
- Sleeping bag liner (optional) (adds 5-10 degrees of warmth)
- 4 sets of underwear
- 1 set of poly prop/merino (merino wool fabrics do not smell) top and bottoms (Tops long sleeved)
- Mid layer top capilene or merino, short sleeved and long sleeved
- Long Trekking trousers, preferably with zip off legs for shorts.
- Track pants (to use in evenings)
- Wind stopper jacket
- Down (lightweight) or pile jacket
- Hat (beanie)
- Neck gaiter
- Sun hat or cap
- Bathers, swimmers
- Water proof mitts (Gloves would be OK)
- 1 pair light glove liners
- Small towel and flannel
- Head torch and spare batteries (take batteries in hand luggage)
- Sun glasses (good side protection)
- Sunscreen and lip protection
- Camera and spare battery and memory card
- Personal first aid kit to include-
- Aspirin based pain killer
- Panadol extra or similar headache medication
- Antiseptic wipes
- Zip lock bags to pack stuff in
- Money belt
- Book to read
(Need to try and keep this to less then 15 kgs)
US$ cash for buying snacks souvenirs etc
Note a basic first aid kit will be available including medication for diarrhoea, nausea, anti histamines, plasters, bandages, throat lozenges and antiseptic cream.
Porter service and luggage handling during the trip
The porter service for this trip is included in the trip’s price. Nevertheless for the trekking days with nights spent out of EcoCamp camping area the porters can only carry up to five kilos per person. The handling works this way: the day the group arrives each person has to separate his luggage in two dry bags provided ,maximum 5 kilos of content in each one. One bag will be carried by the porter service and the group until they leave Los Perros on day 4. The other bag will reach the group on day 4 with the content needed for the days 5, 6 and 7, so this day the group leave their first bag to be sent back to EcoCamp and continue just with the second bag. This method allows trekkers to change clothes and gear in the middle of the trek without surpassing the 5 kilos limit per bag.
The Kokoda Track is by far the most popular Kokoda trek in Papua New Guinea and takes between 6-9 days to complete. It is a physical and mental challenge and the difficulty of the track should never be underestimated. Read More
The Kokoda Trail is by far the most popular Kokoda trek in Papua New Guinea. It is a physical and mental challenge and the difficulty of the track should never be underestimated. Read More
This is a full days walk starting at Owers Corner climbing up the Golden Stairs onto Imata Ridge. Read More
Boats, trekking and paddling - if adventure and a real Papua New Guinea experience is what you are looking for then look no further - this trip has it all. Very few people have walked along this corridor of land. Read More
Shaggy Ridge Trek is a 7 day hard hike from Lau to Madang following the path that the Australian soldiers fought during WW11. A very unknown and unused track. Still raw and out there. Read More
The Rabaul Mask Cultural Festival held in July every year. This area of PNG is about smoking volcanoes and culture. Guests then follow up their festival experience with a few days at the beautiful Tufi Resort. Read More
Combine two of the most exciting events in PNG. Climb Papua New Guinea's highest mountain followed by attending the world reknowned Goroka Cultural Show Read More
The Kundu Canoe Festival is held in the Milne Bay Province. Papua New Guinea It is an extragavanza of decorated canoes and outriggers and culture. Villages competing in the races from all over PNG. Read More
Stand on the roof of Africa with a Mount Kilimanjaro trek. We are one of the few operators in the world that take the crater route to the summit. Whilst in the crater trekking to the Ash Pit an awesome site then spending time exploring the glaciers. Read More
The Torres del Pain Trail is located in the south of Patagonia, approximately 2500kms from Santiago and is an internationally acclaimed trekking destination providing our trekkers with panoramic scenery, exotic wildlife and diverse ecosystems. Read More
This part of the Kokoda Track for us is the most beautiful. Who would have thought today when walking through the lush rain forest that in 1942 such carnage was being inflicted along here. Read More
Weekend walk to Doe Village located just outsite of Port Moresby. Ideal for POM residents. Visitors with limited time, but must have access to a 4WD vehicle. Read More
Galapagos Islands, Isabela Island-Active itinerary. Snorkel, cycling, kayaking, walking. Get up and personal with all the animals Read More
Join us and take the opportunity whilst in this part of the world to visit the Ecuador Amazon Rainforest. It is considered one of the 25 hot spots of biodiversity on the planet with more variety of plants and animals than any other place in the world. Read More
Traditional Outrigger Safari's in Oro Province. Great for families. Immerse yourself in the culture. Truly one of PNG's most beautiful destinations. Read More
Other Useful Information
PNG Trekking Adventures based in Papua New Guinea. PNG's largest inbound tourism operator. Pioneering the gateway into PNG. Specialising trekking, climbing, cultural festivals, diving and other specialised areas of tourism based activities.
Tufi is a boutique resort situated in Oro Province on the North coast of Papua New Guinea. Famous for its diving and culture. This is a very unique part of the country.
PNG Trekking Adventures (PNGTA) is a fully licensed Papua New Guinean Tourism Company.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter!
Trips and Treks Brochures and Information
What visitors need to know about travelling in Papua New Guinea.
Villagehuts.com is Papua New Guinea's premier accommodation booking service. There are over 300 accommodation providers available.